Over a hundred West Virginia residents were treated by the hospital over the weekend, days after the local utility finished flushing the water system and lifted the ban imposed after a toxic coal cleaner was spilled in the region’s water supply.
“More than 400 people have been treated in 10 hospitals since Jan. 9,” when the spill occured, Al Jazeera reports. “At least 100 of those entered hospitals within the past two days.”
Further, nearly 1,600 additional residents have placed calls to poison control with complaints of symptoms including red, itchy skin, eye irritation, vomiting and diarrhea.
See on www.commondreams.org